You will need to install the database on your server and Spinalogic Workstation software on each workstation. In a simple Express installation, you commonly have both the database and the workstation on the same PC. You can then connect to that PC from other workstations.
In a practice using Complete or Unlimited, we recommend you have a stand-alone server which is not used as a workstation.
Spinalogic can be run on a single stand-alone machine (typical for Express) or a network of any size. Typically a Complete or Unlimited installation will have one server and 5-10 workstations.
Stand-alone Machine or Workstation
- Minimum specs: Pentium 4, 2 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD, Windows XP Home SP3
- Recommended specs: Core i3, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD, Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
- Monitors must have minimum of 1024 pixel vertical resolution. Touch-screens are good for arrivals and adjusting locations.
- In a Complete/Unlimited installation, place one workstation at each table, one at arrivals, one or two at your front desk, and one in your exam room. If you want to use patient self-checkout, you’ll need one for that too.
- You can download our Spinalogic Hardware Checker to test your system (open this link with Internet Explorer). If any problems are found, they will be highlighted in red. You can email results directly to discuss with our support team.
- Minimum specs: Core i3, 2 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, Windows XP Pro (max 7 workstations)
- Recommended specs: Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD RAID 1 or 5, Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (max 15 workstations – for more, use Windows Server 2012). Don’t use SBS (Small Business Server).
- Server can double up as a workstation but we strongly recommend you don’t.
- Monitor not required unless doubling up as workstation
- We recommend Microsoft Security Essentials. It is free for up to 10 PCs even in a business. If you have more than 10 PCs, talk to your local IT provider.
- External HDD same size as server / stand-alone machine total HDD capacity
- Internet connection for updates, support and licencing
- Wired network – gigabit preferred, 100Mb is OK.
- Wireless or ‘ethernet over powerline’ will be disappointing and is not recommended.
In a Complete/Unlimited installation, patients can arrive themselves. We recommend our easy PIN-number login system. You need no additional hardware to use this – just a touch-screen, keyboard or numeric keypad. If preferred, Spinalogic can read a variety of existing barcodes and can use fingerprint recognition.